- Climbing & hiking in one of the most spectacular desert landscapes of this world!
- Guiding by an IFMGA certified Mountain Guide with excellent knowledge of the area!
- Best season to travel to this destination!
- Accomodation in a special Bedouin Desert Camp!
About the activity
Wadi Rum is situated in southern Jordan, about a 1,5 hour drive from Aquaba. Wadi Rum offers a magnificent desert landscape, 500 meter high red sandstone walls, ragged cliffs and the fascinating culture of the Bedouin people. It is one of the world most famous adventure climbing destination and a UNESO world heritage site!
November is the best time to visit the area. There is no percipitation to be expected and temperatures rage around 25 degress celsius during the days and around 5 degrees at night.
Day1: Meetingpoint at 10am at the entrance of the visitors center in Wadi Rum. Todays hike will be a challenging trail through the Rakabat Canyon. The path meanders between 400m high sandstone walls and includes easy srambling. The overnight will be spent in a Desert Camp. You can expect single/double rooms created out of bedouin tents that offer real beds, showers and washrooms as well as excellent local food. It is situated in a beautiful spot in the middle of the desert.
Day2: A Jeep will take us to the area of the Burda Bridge. Easy climbing (UIAA II) and some hiking will take us to the spectacular natural arch called Burda Bridge. Overnight back in the Desert Camp.
Day 3: Jeep trip into Barrah Canyon. Our tour for the day includes climbing up to UIAA III and will lead us to a beautiful spot on the other side of the Canyon where we will spend the night. Our local partners will provide us with matrasses, food and delicous hot bedouin tee and we will enjoy the campfire and sleep under the magnifiscent sky of the desert.
Day 4: After breakfast we will return to the Desert Camp and are going to prepare the route of the following day. The afternoon can be designed according to your wishes - you can spend the time relaxing in the beautiful atmosphere of the desert camp, we can organise a taxi for you to visit the red sea or we can take you rockclimbing on the east face of Jebel Rum.
Day 5: We will hike and climb up Jabel Rum (1734m), the highest peak of the area. The route Tamudiq (UIAA III) offers beautiful climbing and a breathtaking scenery. We will bivy on the summit of Jabel Rum. Having to carry a 8kg backpack, an estimated hiking/climbing time of approximately 6 hours and climbing up to UIAA Grade III define the character of this big day on the mountain.
Day 6: We descend from Jabel Rum by rappeling 12 times and hiking a fair bit. Back in the village we will recover from our big route by drinking nice tea and coffee. The overnight will be spend back in the comfortable Desert Camp.
Day 7: End of activity after breakfast.
* The mentioned timetable is exemplary and may vary due to conditions, ability of the participants, safety & weather limitations.
Fitness Levels & Technical Ability
- Experience in trekking and mountain walks. You should be sure- footed and and handle exposure well.
- Ability to hike up to 6 hours per day maintaining a reasonable pace with a light backpack (fitness level B).
- Rockclimbing Experience up to UIAA Gade IV (technical ability 1+)
Price and Services
1400,00 € per person
- Planning and guiding by an IFMGA/UIAGM qualified guide with excellent knowledge of the area
- 6 guided days
- Transportation during the activity.
- Overnights and half pension included
- Entrance fee into Wadi Rum included
- flights/ traveling costs Jordan/ Wadi Rum (we will be happy to give you some additional information)
- personal insurances
- additional food and beverages
- Trips to Aquaba or Petra or similar
Dates and Booking
02.11.2019 - 09.11.2019
Here you can book the activity!